DCA’s high potential program
At DCA a critical component of our Career & Succession planning is our High Potential program. We believe in nurturing and developing our High Potential staff and have constructed a program to address this.
DCA offers the following High Potential program to our staff:
- High Potential staff are invited to an exclusive Weekend Intensive, where different DCA Managers will facilitate and present to the team.
- Workshop topics include: leadership, team building and communication skills as well as Company/Division specific sessions.
- High Potential staff will meet with DCA’s HR Manager at least once every 2 months to be mentored in HR matters, fast-tracking their opportunity to move into senior roles within the company.
Tailored Training & Development
- Relevant training courses – high potential staff are encouraged to nominate courses that they would like to attend to enhance their technical and general business skills – they are able to recommend courses they wish to attend or HR will source the courses for them.
- Attending conferences – DCA encourage high potential staff to network and keep abreast of the latest developments within an individual’s work discipline by attending relevant conferences and public forums.
- Tertiary Study support for high potentials – DCA has a tertiary study support policy – it is based on job relevance and the employee successfully passing their subjects.
- Mentoring – DCA have used Mentors to assist technical staff moving into management positions – to broaden their general skills in areas such as shareholder returns, business development, project management, staff leadership, etc.
- E-learning – DCA has used e-learning as a development option for staff. The benefits of this are that staff can work their training around their own schedules and also have access to 24-7 online book services providing the very latest information for technical and general business management development.
- High potential team-based activities – DCA has had a number of team based activities which improves staff knowledge sharing and sense of team belonging. These have included trips to the Yarra Valley, boat trips, dinners, lunches, etc.
Flexible Working Conditions at DCA
- Time off in lieu.
- Flexible working hours
- Job-related study support.